Friday 5 April 2013

That's how it should be done!

I recently went to the restaurant Prezzo's for my sisters birthday!  Now I didn't expect much from the place seeing as I had never been there but I was fascinated with the presentation of the food on my plate!  Not only was the surroundings modern and spacious, but the food itself was perfectly presented and fitted the Italian-based cuisine and feel of the restaurant!  Here's a selection of photos of from the event - I have got a picture of each of the families meals and analysed it accordingly with what I've learnt from doing this blog:

Jas (brother) -

Carne Piccante

Seasoned chicken, meatballs, field mushrooms and crushed chillies with bolognese sauce and our blend of cheese

I wish I had got a picture of the inside because this looked absolutely wonderful!  The 'classic' plating style of this dish gave it a lovely presentation and it was the colours of the peppers in the salad (which was all left over on the plate afterwards!) that gave this dish that extra pop to made it look complete!  I'm not expert but I would have presented the added salsa in a nicer way on the plate rather than hiding away in a bowl but not to worry it went down a treat otherwise!




Kiran (me!) -

Rigatoni Arrabbiata

Crushed chillies and chopped parsley in a tomato and garlic sauce

I wasn't feeling very well this day so I opted for a simplistic dish of good ol' tomato based pasta!   It wasn't the most extravagant of dishes but I can see the chefs attempt to give it a touch of sophistication with the added greens and grated parmesan on top! It tasted as good as it looked (from what I could taste with a bunged up nose!)
 Katrina (sister- the birthday girl!) -

Chicken Ravioli

With pancetta bacon, petits pois and grana padano cheese in a cream sauce

This dish was light and executed nicely!  Out of everything I think the colours and everything generally looked a bit boring, but the bowl was as good as licked clean because my sister thoroughly enjoyed it.  Her opinion on food and how it looks is - "I don't care! Food is food! If it's edible, it's good enough", the cheeky mare! 
 Mum & Dad - 

Vegetarian

Baby sunblushed tomatoes, grilled courgettes, roasted peppers, fresh rosemary, olives, mozzarella and tomato with pesto dressed baby spinach

Having stuffed themselves on the starters, the parents decided to join forces (as always) and share this thin-based pizza! I think the chef here went a little overboard on the greens and forgot about presenting it to look beautiful, but there was an evident level of shock when it was presented because it was so huge! Again, it went down well as it was completely demolished by the end of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment